Monday, May 16, 2016

Blog Post Assignment 9

When students take Advanced Placement classes, they are taking college-level curricula which allows the students to gain insight into the experience of classes beyond high school before they graduate. An example of such a class at B.C. Rain is the AP English Literature and Composition class that is offered to junior students who want to gain college credits that may exempt from taking the same course in college. While taking the course, I learned many things in the class including literary devices, rhetorical analysis, synthesizing, works by famous poets and novelists, and writing strategies. Overall, the course well prepared me for the AP Exam and I liked many things about the course, such as being given opportunities to voice our opinions in class and share our thoughts about each novel, essay, article, or short story that we have read. If I had a chance to take the course again, I would likely do so because if I learned anything about AP English, it involves a deep level of critical thinking and is all about expressing oneself in terms of writing and how the author's choice of words can help express those thoughts and emotions. 

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I enjoyed having you, and I am confident that you did an awesome job on the exam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete