Thursday, April 21, 2016

ACT Reflection

    The ACT is the most important test in determining which college or university one will attend or want to attend in the future. For this reason, those taking the test are encouraged to do their best and try to answer all of the questions, even if the student does not know which answer is correct. Communicating with other students, using technology that will disturb the testing area, sharing answers, and getting out of the seat is not allowed to ensure that the testing room will be as quiet as possible and that students will have an opportunity to think without distractions. The test covers four basic school subjects which covers a wide variety of questions based on lessons that the students should have learned.
    When I was taking the ACT, I used a variety of strategies to help me conserve time so I could carefully answer all the questions. Doing so also allowed me to spend more time to answer the harder questions which involved a deeper level of thinking. To prepare, we spent many days in intervention covering the majority of the test, timed ourselves while we were taking the test, and looked at the questions we got wrong to see why we missed it. If I had any significant struggle with any aspect of the test, it was the time which we were given. Knowing my weakness, I spent most of my time to try and read a passage quickly and recall what I have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment